Thursday, March 31, 2005

Sharon Low

Remember some time back, I did an entry on The Cindy and FF, two of my great friends? Today I am going to do another one. On this girl called Sharon Low. I briefly mentioned her before in one of my previous post.

I 1st met Sharon 9 years ago when I was in Victoria Junior College (VJC). It was 5th January 1996, Friday. I was a senior and she was a freshman. I will never forget that sight. It was one of the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Across the hall was this pretty little thing, in a white shirt and brown skirt (her school uniform lah), a pink plastic hairband and her collar slightly pulled back. I fell in love with her immediately.

Back in those days, we played this game called Secret Pals, whereby the seniors will befriend the freshmen by becoming their secret pen pal (hence the name). I made use of this game to get to know her. At that time, the only thing I am concerned about is writing SP letters to her. Everytime, I would start by writing a draft 1st before transferring the content to one of those nice cute type of paper. I think I spent about 4 hours each night on those letters. I still keep all the letters she replied to me.

IMG_0049

I remember that time, her class had each of their photos pasted on the walls of the class rooms. And I went and stole her picture and made a copy for myself to keep. (Yes, I was crazy) By the way, did I mention that she looked like Phyllis Quek? Yes she does! Without the mole on her forehead of course. That's why until now Phyllis Quek is my favourite MediaCorp Actress.

phpcmzR7c

I did some really crazy things because of her. Like giving her a Calvin and Hobbes comic book, coloured by Yours Truly. (Because I like C&H, not her! Haha.) I converted to Christianity because of her. Because that time she told me her partner must be a Christian. (I never regretted it though) and I signed on the army because of her. So that I can go to University together with her. I always tell people that I sign on for the money, the reality is I sign on because of her. Come to think of it, She really have affected my life greatly. Haha.

Not everything about her was good memories though. One year after the day I met her, I told her my feelings for her. I think by that time she sort of knew already. (I wasn't very subtle!) She broke my heart when she replied that she did not feel the same for me. *Sob*

Well, that was 9 years ago. After that, we somehow kept in touch and she had become one of my besttest friend. She is really wonderful as a friend. She is always there for me when I was down and never grew tired of my constant whining (except for this one time... Heehee). Sometimes I think that it would be wonderful to be together with such a great girl as her, but now I can't do it anymore, cos she's getting married is 6 months time. Haha.

To Sharon: Babe, if you are reading this, (which I know you are) I want to thank you for being such a great friend. Thank you for always being there for me, especially during my lowest point of my life. I really thank God that I have met you 9 years ago. I know my life will be incredibly different if I have not met you. Love ya.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jayaxe said...

Wow, I think Sharon would be so touched that you wrote such a tribute to her.

11:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Guojun!

touched is an understatement! i'm incredibly touched!

i still keep all your letters as well... your gifts too. time really flew by us yea? 9 years... WOW!

i just wanna say i'm sorry for the mean things i've said. i completely blew things up between us and i thank you for being so magnanimous to still consider me a great pal *blush*

well, make the most out of your life ya? take care and thanks again!

sharon

10:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi!

chanced upon your blog. can't remember what I was surfing for....

ok that means you're from 95S4..?

Guessing.. cos u confirm not from Arts or Commerce.

12:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home