Monday, March 21, 2005

Devotion 1

Started my fasting and prayer today. Was wondering if I should create a separate blog for the sole purpose of recording my devotion? Finally decided not to. Because I dun think I have the time and energy to maintain 2 separate blogs. Plus I dun want to divide the hits on this blog with another. (Since the daily hits is so few already). Haha. So if you see the word "Devotion" as my title, you can expect it to be some holy-moly, bitchy-preachy stuff.

And you can skip this entry if you want to.

As I was saying, I started my fasting today. It will be a 21 day fast from lunch, which means that I will not eat any solid food from 1000hrs to 1800hrs. And during that period of time, I will take about half an hour to 45 minutes to pray. Also, 21 days will mean that it will end with the coming church (G12) conference.

Objective of fast - During the period of fasting, I pray for the following things:

1. I pray that God will let me have a chance to be together with Her. This probably sounds like a very selfish motive but I really do not know how else to win her heart. I really need God's help over here. He might answer, He might not. I really dunno. I can only pray.

2. I need a new breakthrough in my work. I need a new posting soon. There is really nothing practical I can do about it. So I also pray to God for help. Actually, if you believe in God, praying is as practical as it gets.

3. I pray for my own relationship with Him. (God lah) So that I can have a breakthrough in this area also. I need to focus more on God. Also to prepare myself for the on-coming conference. And maybe be a more holy-moly kind of person. =)

4. Pray for the people I am reaching out to. Pray that God will bless them and touch their hearts.

Well, that's about it for my objective and purpose of fasting. Nothing much to report for the 1st day. Hopefully can see some results soon. =)

5 Comments:

Blogger FF said...

Good luck babe! Good to lose weight also!

12:06 am  
Blogger Maximus said...

dude, do they really call it the G12 Conference?

and i missed out on the last post.. who the heck is this sponge pants or something like that??

7:30 am  
Blogger Michelle said...

have u read "Heaven is So Real" by Choo Thomas? then you can add another item in your fasting list. to be pure hearted and obedience.

(got u from aMuse comment page!)

1:45 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

can i link you?

1:46 pm  
Blogger Guojun said...

Maxi> SpongeBob is a cartoon character. I'm sure you can get more information on the internet than I ever can say. Heehee

Miche> Never read the book. And I am honoured to have you link to my blog.

10:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home