Sunday, March 13, 2005

Diary of a Super Spendthrift

I am such a spendthrift. Just over one weekend, I have spent close to $1500 on luxuries that I want instead of saving for the essentials that I need. Sign... Now I got trouble surviving for the rest of the month. Looks like I have to eat grass again...

The 1st item in question is a Sony CDRW cum DVD Rom, setting me back about $100. Actually my CD Rom has been out of action for the past year, so its a legitimate buy. But the problem is that I dun know how to install this thing and now it is still in the box unopened. Haha. Thank God I was never a computer geek.

dvdcd

The 2nd item is a 120G hard disk and disk cover, setting me back about $200. I reasoned that I need this baby to store all my rubbish so that I can back up all my stuff and reformat my system. It is soo infected with spyware and viruses. Haha. In addition, I can now take all the pictures I want with my digital camera and not worry about storage space for them. The problem, again, is that I cannot get the thing to work so I put it back in the box again... Haha.

harddisk

Btw, I did not get the above 2 items in the IT fair @ SUNTEC. I did NOT go to the IT fair @ SUNTEC. Rather, I asked a friend to get it for me from Sim Lim Square. Now I have to wait for that friend to set up the stuff for me.

The 3rd and final item costed me $1200. The story is this...

This morning I'm suppose to go for this church event call The School Of Leaders Level 1 (aka SOL 1) but due to some mis-communication with Princess, I got the location wrong location. In the end, I did not go for SOL 1 and ended up wandering around like a lost soul.

I thought of going to my favourite guitar shops and do some guitar googling but after waiting almost 30minutes for a bus that was so full I could not get onto, I got fed-up and decided to go home instead. On the way home, I dropped by Cash Converters (a 2nd hand trading chain in Singapore) just for fun. And guess what? I spotted a Variax 700 Acoustic on the display window!

Listed at $2400 at Citymusic, the 2nd hand one here is only $1200! There is no way I could let this opportunity slipped by I thought. This is the 16 in 1 modelling guitar for acoustics! That means that in can produce the sound of 16 different guitars with it, including the banjo, mandolin and resonators. (If you dun know what I'm talking about, then you cannot fully appreciate the value of the guitar. Probably you can take a look at the website to get a better idea.). After pondering for a good 20minutes, I decided to but the guitar on the spot. Here's some pictures of my new baby!

Variax1

Variax3

Variax2

Hmm... I am really careless with my money. That's why I am always so poor. Well, at least I dun have credit card problems like FF...

5 Comments:

Blogger 12mustardseeds said...

Wah. Didn't know a guitar can have THAT many sounds...enlightenment. Can my Takamine do a fraction of that? Hee...

8:45 pm  
Blogger Guojun said...

12MS> Eh... Ya. Your guitar can do ONE of those sounds. =)

9:13 pm  
Blogger Guojun said...

Ruok> Ya. How you know?

Von> Actually I dun deserve your sympathy lah. My pay day is on the 10th. So got another 25more days to go lor...

11:34 pm  
Blogger Paperman said...

Wah seh Captain...you shop like a versace-clad, lv-bagged, prada-soled GERRRLLL! Ooh, here I am torn between buying a $3 pack of hotdogs on sale or spending a dollar more to get my fav brand... Poor student me... :-((

1:59 am  
Blogger Paperman said...

since you so rich, GJ, I like $$$. Can you give me some for my birthday? For now, I can send you some hay... We have lots of farms here up north. Airmail's on you though... kekeke... Or a cheaper option. Call all your frens out for dinner, one at a time, go someplace to eat where you pay at the end of the meal. Surreptiously discover you 'forgot' your wallet...so there...25 free dinners...

2:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home