Thursday, April 14, 2005

Last blog from Taiwan.

Well, this is most probably the last time I blog from Taiwan. Come tomorrow, I will go for my R&R in Kaoshuing City. Heard there is nothing I can do there except for shopping. I think there are also Massage Parlours and Sauna Houses but I dun think I will be going there. Anyway, I'm on a tight budget, 1000NT (50SGD) left only. In most likelihood, I will stay in the hotel and eat instant noodles. I'm not a tourist kind of person anyway.

As regards to the issues I blogged over the past 2 days, there is not much of an update there. But I did find some comfort in God's Word, the Bible. And it is found in, of all places - you wouldn't believe it - Lamentations.

The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD. It is good for a man to bear the yoke while he is still young. Let him sit alone in silence, for the LORD has laid it on him. Let him bury his face in the dark -- there may yet be hope. Lamentations 3:25-29 (italics mine)

It speaks straight into my heart. If there is any hope to be found, it can only be found in God. And this will be my prayer...

Another verse that I like,

How painful are honest words! But what do your arguements prove? Do you mean to correct what I say, and treat the words of a despairing man as wind? Job 6:25,26

Those familiar with the book of Job will understand what I mean. Still, I appreciate all the comments given so far. Will update if there is any changes.

12 more hours to R&R, 48 more to the flight home.

3 Comments:

Blogger Maximus said...

dude.. with ref. to the comment on post dated april 10.. (sorry i took so long.. have been tied up with work..)

a taiwan political slut is probably someone who's into politics.. influential.. rich.. powerful.. in need for sex.. hyper studious..err... i mean RICH's the word..

11:20 pm  
Blogger Maximus said...

sorry.. missed out a damn important point.. she's got to have the bod and looks too..

11:21 pm  
Blogger brama said...

I do believe in the Lamentations. I like that verse too.

2:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home