Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Bye bye Ovation...

Saw this add at a local music website, www.luthermusic.com yesterday:

Date posted : 19 April 2005
Looking for TAKAMINE and OVATION guitars (Must be of Jap/American make) sms me at 9XXXXXX for a fast deal.
Brendon.


Wasn't actively looking to sell my Ovation but then again, I haven't been using it much lately. It was special in the sense that it was the very 1st "good" guitar that I bought. But since I got my new Variax, the Ovation becomes a bit redundant, cos the Variax can sufficently produce all the acoustic guitar sounds I need and more.

So I smsed this guy and said I have the guitar he wants, and so we start chatting. I offered to sell him at $1.5k but in the end I let him bargain until $1150. I bought the thing 3 years ago at 2.4k but I dun think I can sell it for more than 1.2k elsewhere. So I'm pretty happy with the price.

Today I met up with him and close the deal. But before that, 1 last look at my old love...

Ovation

Oh ya, I throw in the mini amp to sweeten the deal as well. (Obviously I'm not a very good businessman) Whao!! He took almost 1 hour to test the guitar!!! I was so scared he did not want it in the end. Haha. Now I got money to buy my Ipod Photo!!

3 Comments:

Blogger brama said...

That's a very good buy! I would go for it myself. Unfortunately I don't need that many guitars too. I hardly play them.

2:35 am  
Blogger Guojun said...

Heehee, I think its a good sell too. I think you do. You need at least 1 acoustic, 1 classical, 1 electric, 1 jazz guitar, 1 12string guitar... etc

11:54 am  
Blogger brama said...

You really love guitars! I have 1 classical, 1 acoustic, 2 electric, 1 bass and I thought I was already overdoing it. My Dad and sister have their own sets. We can definitely pool together to open a guitar museum.

12:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home