Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Mandrian Lesson...

Seems like FF could use some Chinese (or as she say, Ching-Chong) lessons... Therefore, I come up with this blog entry to help her, and other non Cheena guys kick start their Chinese learning. I will show a few common Chinese phases and how they are used in our daily coversation.

Phase: 卖鱼 - Mai Yu
Meaning: Selfish
Usage: 你只买你的东西。 你很卖鱼。 - Ni Zhi Mai Ni De Dong Xi. Ni Hen Mai Yu
(You only buy your own stuff. You are very selfish)

Phase: 叫一天 - Jiao Yi Tian
Meaning: Call it a day
Usage: 工做了这么久, 是到时候叫一天了。 - Gong Zuo Le Zhe Me Jiu, She Dao Shi Hou Jiao Yi Tian Le.
(After working for so long, its time to call it a day)

Phase: 拿一个破 - Na Yi Ge Po
Meaning: Take a break
Usage: 我累了, 要拿一个破 - Wo Lei Le, Yao Na Yi Ge Po.
(I am tired, need to take a break.)

Phase: 那是点的旁边 - Na Shi Dian De Pan Bian
Meaning: That's beside the point.
Usage: Er... 那是点的旁边。 - Na Shi Dian De Pan Bian.
(That's beside the point.)

Phase: 去一头 - Qu Yi Tou
Meaning: Go ahead
Usage: 我还有事,你去一头巴。- Wo Hai You Shi, Ni Qu Yi Tou Ba
(I still have something on, You go ahead)

Phase: 没有眼睛的鹿 - Mei You Yan Jin De Lu
Meaning: No idea
Usage: 问题 - 你知道今晚的晚餐吃什么吗?答案: 没有 眼睛的鹿- Wen Ti - Ni Zhi Dao Jin Wan De Wan Chan Chi She Me Ma? Da An - Mei You Yan Jin De Lu
(Qn - Do you know what's for dinner tonight? Ans - No idea)

Phase: 叫我巴使苏卡又打我到傻 - Jiao Wo Ba Shi Su Ka You Da Wo Doa Sha
Meaning: Call me Babushka and spank me silly
Usage: Ask FF.

There, that's all I can think off now. Hope this is useful in helping you start your Mandrian learning. No need to thank me. Thank FF for the inspiration.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*faint*

慢 小姐

5:27 pm  
Blogger Guojun said...

Eh, I hope is a happy faint.

Anyway, Dun have to always post as Anon. You can click "Others" and write ur name there.

5:30 pm  
Blogger chitter-chatter said...

but why cant i post as anonymous?

how about this?

=)

慢 小姐

5:34 pm  
Blogger Guojun said...

Cos wats the point of posting as anon when you leave your name at the end of it????? Huh??Huh??Huh??

5:50 pm  
Blogger FF said...

HAHAHAHAHA!! I like the last one.

8:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh mine... your translation is terrible! FF, pls find another chinese teacher.

9:13 pm  
Blogger brama said...

How do you actually type the Chinese characters? Do you need to download software first?

2:33 am  
Blogger Guojun said...

Eh, my translation is perfect.

Brave> Thanks, I just can't figure how to spell the word.

Anna> Ya, you will need some Chinese typing program, I think

11:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope u are kidding... me faints too.

4:47 pm  
Blogger 某子 said...

Ha.... "Good" chinese... Couldn't understand them till I read the English "translation"...Ha! Ha!

9:26 pm  
Blogger Guojun said...

Ms Cheena> I use it in my everyday life all the time.

Mo Zi> Thanks. Just updated it again.

10:14 am  
Blogger Jayaxe said...

什么地狱????? (What the hell?)

7:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home