Saturday, December 31, 2005

Thanksgiving 2005

This is the last day of the year, so its that time of the year to do some reflection again. I know its very cliche to write about my thoughts on 2005 now, but then its my blog, and I want to note down the defining moments in 2005 for me.

A lot of things happened in 2005. I've grown a lot, I think. There is a lot of hard times and a lot of good times. Many emotional struggles but also spiritual victories. New friends gained, old family rekindled. Career set backs and re-establishment.

Looking what I just wrote above, it seems like a lot of things happened in 2005 which I did not really blogged about. But I did, subtly. Wahaha.

Overall, I would say that 2005 has been a good year for me. With the main event of me coming back to God again. All my achievements, all my wealth, all the I have gained, they are nothing without the Giver. Without the Lover of my soul, all that I have cannot satisfy. As it is said: What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?

I stand amazed in the pressence
Of Jesus of Nazarene
I wonder how He could love me
A sinner condemned unclean.

I thank God for bringing me back to the community in Feburary this year. And I thank God for bringing me to the family of believers, that I am in now. I thank God for healing me of broken hearts and wounded soul, though the road to recovery is yet to complete. But most of all, I thank God for his patience to me, though many times I chose to walk away, He always welcomes me back.

I saw Him run to me
He took me in His arms, held my head to His chest
says My son's coming home again
Lifted my face and wipe the tears from my eyes
With forgiveness in His voice, He says
Son, do you know I still love you

I thank God for His many blessing and the many times He showed His love for me, for not giving up on me when even I have given up on myself.

I thank God for the new friends I have made. Like my new cell group and spiritual family and like friends that I have made through this blog. And I also thank God for old friendship renew, like my primary school friends and OCS buddies. And I thank God all the people that have been there for me this year, especially the good friends I have blogged about in my earlier posts.

But most of all, I thank God for His unrelenting love for me, for being with me all this time. It's not all a bed a roses y'know. There was a major heart break I have to go through and several disappointing moments and a career wake up call. But I know these are all necessary for me to grow. Although these are not easy times, I thank God for bringing me through them and being there with me all the while.

Thats about it I guess. I hope I will have a better 2006 ahead.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For A Better Year Ahead! *toast ribena* hehehe

Wishing You A Blessed New Year

3:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy new YEar!

Hope you will be enjoying yourself tonight=)

5:48 pm  
Blogger Maximus said...

Happy New year dude..

9:36 am  
Blogger 12mustardseeds said...

Have faith and be good. God watches over you and be with you. =)

10:43 am  
Blogger Guojun said...

Happy New Year everybody!!!!

Dawn!! You are still reading my blog!!! Wahaha. I thot you disappear liao.

12:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home