Tuesday, June 21, 2005

About Her again

If you have been following my blog for a while, you will know that there is a girl I like... Her... I haven't wrote about Her in a while..

I met Her for the very first time four years ago, today. Yup, that's right, 21st June 2001. It was during our church camp at NUS, Eussof Hall Hostel. I was on my 3rd year in NUS going to my fourth, she was ih her 1st year going 2nd. The moment I saw her, she took my breath away. She was the sweetest, cutest, most beautiful girl I have ever seen. At least to me she was... And still is.

At that moment, I knew she was special. Very special. But I din believe in "love at 1st sight", at that time, to me, it was just an infatuation. But four years later today, I dun really think it was infatuation anymore. She had a twin sister, who looked very much like her. I saw both of them that day, but it was only Her that made me feel different. Dun ask me why is it different, and dun ask me how I know who is who. I just know.

Anyway, I never forget that moment, the moment four years ago, the very first time I set my eyes on her...

Sigh...

I know the next part will sound ridiculous to many, but please bear with me this time. It is, after all, my thoughts, my blog, my love story.

The next defining moment was about 8 months after that, in 23rd Feb 2002. It was the very 1st of our church's aunnal major conference. (G12 Conference, if you know) It was the last day, the last evening of the conference. The Pastor taught us to give up something that is important to us so that our hands would be free to receive God's new blessing. I gave up my most prized guitar at that time. Then all the guys went forward to be prayed by the Pastor.

That was when I heard God saying that She is the one.

Ok. I know it sounds ridiculous. Ok. Never mind.

Anywayz, I only told her of my feelings for her in June 2003. She didn't feel the same for me. To cut the long story short, to this day, I am still waiting.

I have tried forgetting about Her and going for other girls, but each time either I failed or I realised that I can't find anybody I liked as much as Her. Oh well, I tried my best. Seriously, I've done all that I could, and couldn't do. I really dunno what else to do... except to continue waiting... And pray....

I haven't seen her or talked to her for almost 3 months... But quietly I wait everyday... and pray... That's all I can do...

23 Comments:

Blogger Paperman said...

Wah talk abt perfect timing. Love at first sight and the zap from heaven! No wonder you cannot forget lah. I can't tell them apart actually. But since you've been able to since day 1, definitely there's a special affinity for her lah. But yah, I admire your steadfastness. Talk more lah. Don't always monosyllable "Yes, No, Ok lor" kind lah... Conversation is music to girl's ears ok.

11:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes vandice!! i told GJ the same thing before! about his "ok lor". wahahahaha...

GJ, if more than one person said the same thing to you it must really be very very jarring.

perhaps you can look into that.

while waiting, improve yourself. =)

it's like God giving a child a vision that when he grows up he is going to be a doctor. does the child sit back, cross his arm and wait for God to *poof* and turn him into a doc?

no way! he has to equip himself too ma...

love!

9:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

remember, God asked Abraham to "let go" of Isaac? remember the blessing that Abraham received for obeying God and "letting go"? He did not get his Isaac back but many other blessings.
hope you could understand what i am trying to say. (i let go of bf and God returned him back to me then years later n his is my hubby.) :)

2:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

does national service in taiwan and spore runs a website? if yes, may i know the url?

2:46 pm  
Blogger Paperman said...

miche: yes yes... singapore is http://www.miw.com.sg/publish/MIWPORTAL/public/home.html

9:05 pm  
Blogger Paperman said...

miss slow: Since I'm not in sillypore, its up to ppl ard him (like you) to constantly preach and nag him on this lor :-)

On an unrelated topic, do you take like 2 hours to get ready before you can leave the house for a hot date? Hence the nick?

9:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vandice> Er... Ok lor...

Slow> Er... Ok lor...

Miche> Eh... Huh? Abraham did get Issac back right??????????

10:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*insulted*

bleah. of course not!

i pride myself for being punctual! =)

Miss Slow... hmmm... Let me retain something mysterious about myself then. hahaha...

but if you have read GJ's previous posts it's not difficult to find out why. =)

10:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GJ> think typo error la... =P did you know Isaac was 37 when he was sacrificed by Abraham??? not a young boy often depicted in children's bed side stories. =P

10:12 pm  
Blogger Paperman said...

ms. slow: Ah, I know now. I remember... ;-)

10:47 pm  
Blogger Paperman said...

gj: !@#$%^&*()

10:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

??????

10:48 pm  
Blogger Paperman said...

Hey you are obviously not a blockhead. Talk like how you blog lah. Can or not? "Ok lor" your HEAD!

10:58 pm  
Blogger Guojun said...

Vandice> Ok lor. Wahaha

10:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

vandice: hahaha... i couldnt stop laughing! funny!

11:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

god made you fall down from your bike so many times to knock some sense into you to WAKE UP and move on.

yet you still gong gong tye tye.

11:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry, typo error. abraham got his isaac back. heheh

12:14 pm  
Blogger brama said...

"I realised that I can't find anybody I liked as much as Her." ...that sounds like what I'm going through, except change the Her to Him.

11:02 pm  
Blogger Guojun said...

Not God> Your logic is as lame as my Cave B story. But thanks anyway.

Anna> Hmm... Quite tough right??
Let's find a time and we can find some place and cry together

11:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honestly Chew Sir, *salutes* there is many other fish in the ocean. God may have intended to test your faith and love. If you could love one like that, God would give you another to love and this time, the other 'she' will reciprocate your love.

I learned that one-sided love is the most painful. Perhaps its time that you told God that you are ready for the next one, but this time around is a reciprocal lady.

7:04 pm  
Blogger Guojun said...

Anon> Thanks. But I dun see the need for other fishes, or trees, or whatever. I only need one.

If God doesn't grant my heart's desire, then its ok too. I will just have to learn to live without.

If ever I develop a need for other fishes, then maybe I'll go find one then... Otherwise, I will wait for this fish, no matter how long it takes.

10:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sir, 1 day you would realise that you have to move on. See you back in office after your bike course.

12:48 pm  
Blogger Guojun said...

Ok lor. BTW, who are you?

12:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home