Saturday, June 04, 2005

Hang tough

It's been a tough 2 weeks. I really feel like giving up again. (I'm not a very strong guy, am I?)

Jesus said, "Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last." (Luke 13:30). But its so tough being the last everytime. Nobody likes being the last. But yet, somebody has to be.

Many a times, that somebody is me.

The fact is, nobody likes a loser, or being one. We all like winners and champions and we like being with them. Except Jesus, He hung out with the loserest of the people. It's tough being the last all the time, with little encouragement from anybody, except the reminder that everybody is still "looking out for No. 1".

Sometimes I really want to question my purpose and meaning for existence in this life. Sometimes I feel like I'm not able to do anything right and I feel so useless.

Strange, though, I found encouragement, of all persons, from my Bde S2.

*

I hate to admit it but I still think of her everyday.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jayaxe said...

No offence intended to you regulars, but the S2s are usually the tough guys with iron fists. Incidentally, I met my former Battalion S2 earlier today who is now a Bde S2. As recce commanders, we used to live in fear in his presence. Then again, he's not all that bad after training though.

6:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you'll run into one of those days eh? Who knows? :)

11:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we are all champion sperm!

1:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ningx> You shd be a Christian. Wahaha.

Jayaxe> Your S2 sounds exactly like my S2!!!

Amuse> Maybe, I hope so.

FF> Thanks for the remonder babe.

7:25 am  
Blogger chitter-chatter said...

ren2 bi3 ren2 qi shi2 ren2! (sorry ah, comp cannot generate chinese characters =P).

ppl who like to hang out with champions and winners are the real losers. they probably have their own hidden agenda... to feel impt ma. hahah...

i prefer to hang out with ppl who are real and true to themselves, ppl with integrity and ppl who are compassionate.

and guess what? you are one! =P

cheer up, friend!

1:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss Slow> Thanks babe. You are a great friend too!

10:20 pm  
Blogger Gabrielle said...

... eh really so jialat ah.. think everyday...

find something to occupy ur time lah.. so won't go and think

10:28 pm  
Blogger Guojun said...

Gab> Usually I think of her before I sleep or just after I wake up... But no matter... Life goes on... =)

10:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think the verse in Luke talks about humililty and the reward that we will get in heaven. the last are usually the most humble. the first are the prouds. blessed are the meek...

12:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home