Saturday, May 13, 2006

Me and my comic books

I started reading comic books when I was in Sec 2. I still remember my the very 1st books that I bought. It was Dragonball Z book 31, 32 and 33.

untitled
This is a classic Dragonball picture.

Wahaha.

Dragonball is really a classic comic to read. I still remember that time I was thinking I must preserve my collection so that I can pass down to my descendents generations to come. Wahaha. So funny now that I've come to think of it. I still have the entire series in my storeroom somewhere, or is it in my brother's room now?

Comic books has been greatly influential in my growing up years. As I have practically no friends during my secondary school days, I seek comfort, laughter and even some form of existence in the stories that I read. They greatly affect the way I think and act and the way I behave. That's why I've got such a silly face in my profile pic.

I have since read many many many comic books, from Slamdunk to 3x3 Eyes to the current Naruto and Bleach. Although now I have read much much less than before. I used to read many titles at one go, spending up to $50 a week on the new comic books. Now I just spend maybe $5-$10 per month.

And like most comic enthusiasts, I dreamt of drawing comics myself one day. And I took some lesson during my Uni days for it. Real fun. Here are some of the "better" creations I have come up with:

1st, some full body pictures..


image2
This is based on the the comic Captain Tsubasa.

image4
I drew this by copying the action of Akari Sendoh of Slamdunk. Btw, my very 1st email address is a.sendoh@pac. But that is not working anymore.

Then some headshots...

image3
This is based on the popular DNA2 (DNA Square) The lead character.


And these 2 will give you an idea of what my dream girl will look like.... Haha.

image1

image0

4 Comments:

Blogger Sherry Tay said...

wah.. u can draw very well eh.. :D

11:53 pm  
Blogger 12mustardseeds said...

Hmm I see some resemblance (not to me lah of cos) haa.

9:39 am  
Blogger Guojun said...

Sherry> thanks!! Haha!

12MS> Eh... the last one right?look like who ah? Hahaha

10:06 am  
Blogger 12mustardseeds said...

Actually hor, the first one also looks like the other gal...ask me I'll tell u haa.

6:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home