Monday, April 17, 2006

Monday the 17th

What a day.

Actually, only the morning was bad. But bad enough for me to take note of this date for a long time to come.

Monday the 17th: Almost as bad as Friday the 13th.

Since I had been posted to Sembawang Airbase, once in a while, me and the guys from my branch will go out to the nearby coffeeshop for roti prata breakfast. Today is one of these days.

So ,me and 5 other guys happily squeezed into my little Cerato and drove out of the camp to the coffeeshop nearby. 500m down the road, just before I turn into the estate with the coffeeshop, I was talking to the guys and did not notice that the traffic lights have gone red....

So I went right through it. When I realised what I had done, I was like "oops!" but didn't think much about it... until I turn around and saw the cameras beside the traffic lights. Darn! That's 12 points and 200 dollars! Sucks.

So I should be expecting to get the letter from the Traffic Police in 2 weeks time... unless the camera issit working... Din see any flash though....

Then when we went to the coffee shop, we realised that the prata shop was not open this morning. Argh! What a wasted trip and in addition, I had to forfeit 12 points and 200 dollars for nothing...

But we still decide to eat in the coffeeshop, so we went ahead and ordered our wanton mee and porridge and iced milos... Halfway through our breakfast, some Bangladash workers came beside us and started doing some roadworks... like 2metres away from our table! And the smoke and dust start to cloud all around us... It was so bad that we had to move our table away.

That's strike 3. And we're out.

Monday the 17th: Almost as bad as Friday the 13th.

Enough of that.

On a happier note, I had a wonderful Easter Sunday yesterday. Church was great! And so many people gave their lives to Christ, its a wonderful sight to behold. After that, we went to my cell mate, Joshua's place to have a Easter celebration party. We had a wonderful time there, and I made a new friend called Ken, which was great because he is also a guitar freak just like me.. Haha...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my goodness. that is horrible,sorry for all the bad things happened on you. next time, remember to watch the traffic lights.

11:20 pm  
Blogger veii said...

I don't mean to be mean but..
you sound like a real-life Charlie Brown!

7:24 pm  
Blogger Guojun said...

Eh... Thanks to both commentors for commenting... but I dun know who you all are... I guess anon is maybe is Sharon...

Veii looks very familiar... but I cannot recall who issit... can help me?

11:44 pm  
Blogger veii said...

I wrote you an e-mail a while back. That is all.

10:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home