Sunday, January 22, 2006

Of spring cleaning and spring cleaning

Had a nice weekend. Overall, eventful and satisfying it was.

Actually, I set out to do some spring cleaning in my room on Saturday. But I'm ashame to say that I did not complete what I set out to do. My room is still in a terrible mess. And I won't have time to do my spring cleaning again until New Year's Eve. Wahaha. Eat Six (jialat)

I did get my New Year clothes though. Haha. I went with Melissa to Bugis Junction where I bought 2 shirts and a pair of pants. Initally I was suppose to go with Jade but then Melissa asked me so I went with her instead of Jade. Boy, was Jade angry. Lesson learnt: when you promised to go out with somebody, keep the promise and not change the appointment flippantly.

In the end, I also met Jade at Far East in the evening before going for a church meeting in the evening.

Pastor preached a powerful and convicting message at the meeting last night.

"The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!" -Matthew 6:22,23

Basically, the message is that we have to clean up our lives and not let darkness come into our body anymore. One thing he said that hit me: There are 2 kinds of Christians. The 1st, people will come up to you and say "You christian? Of course I can see that" and the 2nd kind where people will say "You christian? Really ah?". I think I belong to the 2nd category. Very convicting indeed.

So I have to re-look into my life and do some spiritual spring cleaning as well.

Spent the entire sunday at church. Talked to God quite a bit.

Am really tired. Din really rest well this weekend, and next week is a long and tough week ahead. I haven't really drag booking in for a long time. But now I do... feel the drag... of booking in... tonight.
SIANZ!

1 Comments:

Blogger Paperman said...

I can see God in you, dude... But must stand beside you very long and stare... like Mona Lisa's smile...

11:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home