Saturday, January 07, 2006

New Year's Resolution

Nowadays, my mother has been telling all my relatives that I am getting fatter and fatter and fatter.

That's it!

My 1st New Year's resolution is to lose weight and stay fit. To maintain at 70kg or less and maintain at IPPT Silver. I told my boss I will cut my 2.4km run by 30 sec this year. (Talk big, so now have to suffer.)

I bought a book, called "A Year with C.S. Lewis" which contains passages from his works broken down into daily readings. My 2nd NYR carry out these readings as religously as possible.

My 3rd NYR is to get my Class 2B civilian bike licence. Going for my 2nd (repeat) lesson tomorrow. Then I will buy a Honda Phantom. (My friend say 2k can get liao) Yeah! Then I can go sian biker chicks! Ok, maybe getting the bike is more of a dream than a resolution.

To play in a band!! That has been in my NYR for countless consecutive years now. Though now my guitar skills still sucks. But last week got a friends approach me. His NYR is to start playing again. So we can help each other!! But of course, his guitar prowess is so much higher than mine. I'd just be an "extra" in the band with him around.

I will be more involved in the work of God. Hmm... That sounds very vague. In the words of my network leader, I will commit 50 invites and 250 prayer hours this year. Wah, sounds quite big.. or maybe my faith is weak. Have to start keeping a journal or else I will lose track of all these. I will read the Bible more, including my Chinese Bible.

I will learn complete songs. Starting with Classical Gas on my guitar, and Chase on Piano. Been learning Classical Gas for almost a year and still in the beginning stage. Chase is worse: I've been trying to play that for 10 years. It's true. TEN whole freaking years. And I still sucks at it as ever.

I will clean up my room. Wahaha. That's more for Chinese New Year's spring cleaning than a whole year thingy.. For once, I will clean my room. Wahaha.

That's all I can think of now. I think got more... But can't remember liao.

2 Comments:

Blogger Handsel said...

chase is the zhui zhui zhui song is it? isn't that the song that we played in uni?

12:34 am  
Blogger Guojun said...

Yes Yes Yes!! I still remember you teaching me to play the song in the Yamaha at Plaza Sing. So long ago liao!!! And I still cannot make it. Wahaha

10:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home