Sunday, November 06, 2005

Another lazy Sunday...

Never go out today.

I wanted to. To go Orchard to see my Ipod Video, to go Lido and watch Tony Jaa do the Tom Yum Goong, to go Penisula Plaza to see the pretty curves... of guitars...

But nobody wants to go out with me. Boo hoo~

So I stay at home and rest lor. Not many people online also, so I can't really chat with them. So I stay at home and play guitar... And play Pinball on Windows XP. My current high score is 4,489,500. Anybody bettered that score?

Seems like everybody is busy... Except me...
BUT HEY!!! IT'S SUNDAY LEH!!!

How can people be busy on Sunday?

You all know the origin or Sunday? I'm sure you all know. God made the Heaven and Earth, and everything in it in 6 days. And on the 7th day, He rested from all His work. So, if you believe in Sundays, you believe should in God!

The Jews believed call this day of rest the Sabbath, and it is holy unto God, set apart for Him. (actually I think the Jew's Sabbath Day does not fall on Sunday, but the principle is the same) I think the Christian's Sabbath Day falls on Sunday. That's why people rest and go to churches on Sundays.

There are a lot of rules for the Jews on their Sabbath. Basically they are not allowed to work. If they are found working, they will be stoned to death! Haha, that was last time lah. They are also not allowed to gather firewood and have any fire lighted. They are to rest, and listen to God's Word being read out at the temple. (like going to church like that)

Hmm... Studies have shown that observing the Sabbath or, in our terms, resting on Sundays is good for the physical and mental health. And generally people perform better if they took one day of rest every week compared to people who worked 7 days a week.

Haha, that's all I have for Sabbaths. Me going for dinner... And more guitars and Pinballs after that...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jayaxe said...

And one cannot rest too long or else engine difficult to restart!

10:22 pm  
Blogger Gabrielle said...

wah!! u got a lot of time hor!! play pinball until such a high score... i've not touched that game for almost 5 years..

3:26 pm  
Blogger Guojun said...

JX> Haha. Ya lah. That's why Sabbath is only 1 day.

Gab> Yeah. I trying to beat that score again...

9:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aiyah, sorry... I also wanna go see pretty curves with you. But I've already been booked for the day.

Next time if you want to ask me out, please inform me one to two weeks in advance..

No.. seriously. Inform me a week in advance. There is such a need...

4:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home