Sunday, October 02, 2005

The Agony of Defeat

It is finished.

After weeks of preparation, the time has come. In army language, it was D-Day, H-Hour: 30th September 2005, 2000hrs.

And now, it is over.

It was a grueling 32 kilometres. Plus a crossing of water obstacle at the 24th kilometre, it took almost 12hours to complete. From 8pm on Friday night until almost 8am Saturday morning, we were on the march. And we ended with a 100 metre range shoot at the Tekong 100m Range.

Totally.Shacked.Out.

All these were for the Combat Skills badge I talked about earlier, but at end of the day, its just another badge. (Haha, as if I got a lot of badges like that)

What is more important is that my whole Company walked together and we completed the thing together, except for some of the guys who could not make it due to medical reasons.

By the end of it, I got countless blisters on the sole of both my feet, abrasion on my inner thighs and pain on the heel of my right foot. Oh, I think I forgot to mention, that I sprained my left foot the day before the march. And it was a very bad sprain. And I had to do my 32km with my sprained foot. Painful all the way!!!!

Now, the sprain felt worse and more painful. And I can walk properly since the end of the march. I dun even know which leg to limp on since both my feet hurts quite badly. Every step is pure pain and agony.

That's why the title of my post is "The Agony of Defeat"

=> De Agony of De Feet

WAHAHA.

And now the display name for my MSN is "My name is Ping, Lim Ping". (Some of my friends din get it and I have to explain to them... Sigh..)

Haha. I am so lame I can't stand myself. Sometimes you can spot the lameness of some of my entries and now, you can also see how lame I am from the way I walk too!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jayaxe said...

The place where I kenna sprained is roughly 32m from my place and the walk back, I want to complain like siao. Yet you went on to do a 32 km route march with a sprain! Salute!!!!!!

4:07 pm  
Blogger wEi said...

Sir, 你活着回来了~!

Told ya you can finish it.. =)

10:22 pm  
Blogger Paperman said...

Lim Ping, sir, I give you pat on the back for job well done...

6:49 am  
Blogger Guojun said...

Thanks everybody!

11:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home