Saturday, August 20, 2005

My head is not harder than tree

Hmm... Nobody touched my blog for one whole week. Nobody wrote anything on my blog the whole time... Hmm... probably everyone's busy... or everyone can't be bothered anymore... Haha. Even in my comments section on the previous post looked pathetic.

Oh well, the good news is, I'm over and done with the Recce Commander's Course! Wahaha.. This final week was tough tough tough... Test after test after test... and a assesment summary exercise at the end. Thank God it is all over. And thank God I made it through in one piece. At first I thought I couldn't make it at all.

No more RCC!! No more out field!!! No more camo!!!

At least for the next couple of weeks lah. Anyway, this sunday still have to book in. Monday is the graduation ceremony. Then Tuesday is back to work again. Sianz...

Feel like taking couple of days leave...

This is my account of the last exercise of my RCC:

The location was Pulau Tekong. I was the Team Commander of the group. We were given the mission to recce on enemy objective at the centre of the island. We reach our position rather early. The LTIOV (Latest Time Information of Value) was 2000hrs and we were there before 1500. We got 5 hours to recce on our objective but we cannot close-in because we have to wait until it is dark before we go in, so that we will not be spotted.

We waited until 1800 hours. Not totally dark, but its not so bright either. I decide to take the chance. Maybe we can have a better view when there is still a bit of light. Me and my team proceed to close in on the objective.

Suddenly, we spotted the enemy! There were 2 of them and they were real close. We hid behid the vegetation so they did not see us, though we were like less than 10 metres away. But then, we tried too hard to hide, and our movement caught their attention.

We were like "Oh shit! Run!"

And we turn our tails and ran for our lives! We ran as fast as our little legs could carry us. After about 50 metres, I turned my head and looked back to see if the enemy had ran after us, which was a mistake. Cos I turned my head back and...

WHAM!!!!

My head into straight into a low branch sticking out of the tree. Boy was it painful! But I'm a Captian and the leader of my team, so I steadied myself and continued leading my men in retreat. Bo Bian!!!!

We continued running when my guy beside me suddenly shouted in shock "Sir!! You are bleeding!!!"

Indeed, blood was flowing down my face. But I could only think of not being caught by the enemy. So I said "Never mind!! Run away from enemy 1st!!!"

Thank God the enemy did not deem us to worth too much effort of sweat and we managed to escape.

And that was the day I realised that my head was not harder than a tree.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no! hope ur injury is not too jia lat.. u okie? mus see tomo..

11:28 pm  
Blogger chitter-chatter said...

haha... i know this is quite mean but i actually laughed at your entry. i guess if i were there it wouldnt have been funny! =(

your head ok?

btw... the reason why i didnt update your blog is because....

i lost your password AGAIN! =(

sorry!

11:49 pm  
Blogger Paperman said...

paiseh lah bro. Busy researching and also the VS debacle took away my free time...

6:22 am  
Blogger Jayaxe said...

Wah garang sia....

Anyway would finishing the course make you an S2 soon? Hehehe.

8:50 am  
Blogger 12mustardseeds said...

Your entry amused me. Haha. =p

10:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WAH ... So man wan :P

1:02 pm  
Blogger Guojun said...

Szeshan> I'm ok... Anyway, you are dentist, see liao also no use.

Miss Slow> Personally, I think it's very funny. Heehee

Vandice> No problem dude.

Jayaxe> No leh... Long story... ... Long long story.

12MS> Thanks. It amused me too.

Amuse> Heehee. Not man lah... More stupid actually.

9:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya, that's what I said/meant: so man wan *hehehe* :P

10:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah sir! Did the branch break? Hmmmm..

Garang. tsk tsk. That's why you all are required to bring helmets along. Next time wear it and run will be safer than just having a piece of cloth over your head.

10:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home