Sunday, August 07, 2005

Guojun and Girls...

Queen Gabrielle did a post on the possible problems of me having too many good female friends... Which is what I will blog about today.

It is true. By and large, I prefer to have female friends than to have male friends. Generally, I have problems getting along well with guys. Much more so in the pass than now. (Working in the army helped. Hee!) In all probability, the genesis of this dates back to my Secondary school days. I come from a certain all boys school in Bishan. A land where all is in green shorts.

I will not make this a grandfather story. Let's just say that in my four years there, I have learnt what kind of self-centred egoistic jerks guys can be. And from then on, I have been problems making friends with guys.

It also doesn't help that I never talk to my Dad at home and whatever I need, I will talk to my mother instead. Even if I need to talk to my Dad, I will go through my mother.

"Ma, can help me tell Pa ... blah blah blah..."

In a very small nut shell, that is why I am so much more comfortable to be in the company of girls rather than guys.

I choose shopping over soccer. Anytime.

Queen Gab said that most girls wouldn't want their BF to be to close to other girls. I agree. And I know the problems I will face. Maybe that's why I have a problem getting a GF. Sighz..

BTW, Gab, you very power leh. The very next day I read your post, one of my GFF (good female friend) call me already.

"My boyfriend broke up with me... I am so depressed... I wanna die... blah blah blah..."

You know the routine.

Gab, You should be a prophetess or something.

Last night Miss Slow asked me "heavy sex light friends" kind of guy [i.e. if I would put girls above my friends.] In all frank and truthfulness, I dunno. Most of my good friends are girls anyway. But in all probability, I think I would put my GF 1st when the occassion arises.

Unless she being unreasonable.

I'm not making a sweeping statement here but ALL women have the tendency to be unreasonable every once in a month while... don't they?

WAHAHA.

Anyway, since I already got a Queen Gabrielle and a Master F.Feline, think I will crown her as my Emperess Dowager when she comes along.

Will I give up all my GFFs while I've got a GF? I dunno for sure. We'll have to see how it goes.

By and large, I go for the (in the words of Jade... and everybody else) "sweet sweet" type. More importantly, she also have to be rather secure with my friendship with other girls.

Plus some of the traits listed below:

She's the woman of the year
Independent, a career
There's not a thing that she couldn't do.
Oh, she's alert, she's aware
She's got legs like Astaire
And a hundred-fifty-seven I.Q.
She has several Ph.Ds
Speaks fluent Japanese
And her shoes will always match with her purse.
Whatever street she's walking down
Everybody turns around and says... Helloooo Nurse!

She likes cheese and pepperoni
Won a Pulitzer and a Tony
She played the leading role in King Lear.
She never drinks, she never smokes
She never laughs at dirty jokes
She was ambassador to China last year.
Oh, she's politically correct
She'd never call collect
She plays Chopin and she doesn't rehearse.
And when she's walking by, I give a little sigh,
and shout... Helloooo Nurse!

She gets her math equations right
She reads Tolstoy every night
She won the Nobel Prize in physics, it's true.
She drives a shiny new Corvette
Sings opera at the Met
And volunteers her time at the zoo.
Oh, she won a scholarship to Yale
Got a Fulbright in the mail
And took a two-year junior college degree.
She's manna sent from heaven
Too bad I'm only seven
'Cause, Hello Nurse, I wish you'd take care of me!

Ha! Actually that was a song by Wakko Warner. If you want to listen, can download it here.

7 Comments:

Blogger Gabrielle said...

me first again!

haha.. me just speaking from experience.. from the past. For me, I dunno if I can handle it if Des has too many gf, but thank God he doesn't.. :p

I'm easily jealous. heeheee

10:51 am  
Blogger Jayaxe said...

I think when it comes to our age, it's not surprising that girls take priority over guys. In fact, just yesterday, I chose sleeping instead of soccer with my colleagues. Hehe.

11:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah! I am so jealous of your new profile. hahaha!

6:13 pm  
Blogger Guojun said...

Gab> Heehee.. Very good. This means you always read my blog... Haha..

Jayaxe> Haha. Today I chose shopping instead of sleeping.

Dawn> I copied the profile from Vandice mah... He say wan, then I cut and paste lor

8:17 pm  
Blogger chitter-chatter said...

gj... there are girls who are secure out there. =)

just add that into your prayer list when praying for a partner! =P

9:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GJ, omg - ur standard increase

hehehheh....

Jade

11:14 pm  
Blogger Guojun said...

Miss Slow> Roger. Will do.

Jade> Er... Ok lor...

9:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home