Thursday, October 20, 2005

About a quote

Hey hey! Its Thursday night!! I can't remember when is the last time I blogged on Thursday night.

Everything is totally slow today. Totally bored. Read a lot today. Read until my eyes blur. Now my eyes very blur...

Pretended to do a bit of work. Really a bit only. Wahaha.

Practically nobody was in camp today. So sian...

Had an argument with a friend just now. About the quote by CS Lewis that I put in my profile. She says the quote is very unbiblical, which I think she totally got it wrong. Never mind that, my question is - That paragraph really so hard to understand meh?

What you think when you read my profile? Gabrielle, maybe you can help. (cos you read CS Lewis also) Or anyone else. Never mind what transpired between me and my friend earlier. What I want to know now is, what you all think when you read the profile?

Babe, if you are reading this (which I'm sure you will), this is nothing against you k? I just want to know what the rest think about the quote

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Even if it means getting your heart broken. Cliched, I know. But think about it ... if Jesus thought that way ... We'd all be damned.

8:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm ... GJ say I misunderstand already ... I think maybe ...

Aiya ... GJ ... Why you so cheem wan??? Have pity on me the bimbo!

9:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's no love in hell...

9:19 pm  
Blogger Laughingcow said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:03 am  
Blogger Laughingcow said...

"If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness."

I think the point is that to love always carries with it the possibility of pain, but that doesn't mean we should choose not to love, because such is the unconditionality in it. If we set restrictions on love (e.g. I want to love, but only if I know I'm not going to get hurt), it is no love at all -- it is a "love" that is doomed to the "casket" or "coffin."

Jesus set us the perfect example when he loved us so much to die for us, in spite of the fact that he knew that we would hurt him and reject him; he could have saved himself the hurt, but he didn't; he gave his heart to mankind, even though we keep on breaking it. Because he loved the only way love is always meant to be -- completely, utterly, unconditionally. Because he is love. :)

12:07 am  
Blogger Paperman said...

What are you doing here cow???

To love is to risk bro. To love is to hurt. Jesus loved us so, and he suffered immeasurable pain becos, not in spite of, his great love.

4:30 am  
Blogger Gabrielle said...

aiya.. what CS lewis meant was that hell got no Love lor!

Simple.

And what he meant by Love is that people tend to perceive love as something painful and kinda like "doomed" to be in love... something like that..

So what he meant by "dangers" is actually being ironic..

er.. me not literature student so dun really know how to explain.

12:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home