Wednesday, October 19, 2005

New profile.

Just updated my profile.

To love is to be vunerable. Love anything, and your heart will definitely be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket - safe, dark, motionless, airless - it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenettable, irredeemable. The alternative to tragedy, or at least to the risk of tragedy, is damnation. The only place outside heaven where you can be perfectly safe from all the dangers and perturbations of Love is Hell. - Clive Staples Lewis, The Four Loves.

C.S. Lewis is my favourite writer.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jayaxe said...

I prefer the last time profile which you say what dunno get rich but kenna lang ga, end up in hospital and poor but then recover and get back rich only to kenna cancer or something.

Yeah, something like that.

8:46 pm  
Blogger Gabrielle said...

he's one of my fav writer too.

11:40 pm  
Blogger Guojun said...

Jayaxe> I like that quote too... forgot where I copy it from... Can't find it now...

Gab> Yeah!!!

11:44 pm  
Blogger chitter-chatter said...

was this written before he became a christian?

4:59 pm  
Blogger Guojun said...

Ms Slow> Babe. Its written after he was converted. I think you never read properly or mis-read the thing.

7:39 pm  
Blogger R2D2 said...

First time I'm commenting on your blog. That quote is great. I don't know how he understands human nature, but what he said is true. At least to me.

5:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home