Sunday, February 20, 2005

Some reflection...

Eh, this will a long blog, take your time to read. Anyway, except maybe for tomorrow (210205), I will be free to update my blog for the rest of the week. Also, remember to let your eyes rest every 15 minutes.

This week has been a week of reflection for me. I have thought about many things - about what I have done for the past 26 and half years of my life, what I have accomplished, what my weaknesses are, what I want to do with my life from now on...

This is actually triggered by some feedback from my superior earlier this week. This is the time of the year in the SAF where the superiors give an annual feedback to their subordinates. And shortly afterwards, another superior, out of goodwill, also gave me some feedback that he had observed.

Personally, I have the tendency to handle feedbacks rather negatively, in the sense that I always focus on the negative comments more than the positive ones. And the one thing that is common from both my superiors is that they felt that they have not seen my full potential in action, and also there are some lacking in my abilities that I have to improve upon.

This time round, I took the feedback much more seriously than any other time. And I spent a lot of time pondering on what I want to do with it. More importantly, I thought about how I want to live my life from now on.

So here are the main points of my reflection:

1. I will commit to excel in my work. This is not easy to do, especially since my performance has always been mediocre. But I decided "If I cannot be good in the things that I am required to, what good can I be?" And I have an uphill task to change the impression that other people have on me. Probably I will focus most of my efforts on this area of my life now.

2. I will be more serious with my life (tying in with being more serious with my work). I think I have wasted too much time on things that doesn't really matter. From now on, I will waste less time on the pleasures of this world and spend more time on things that matter more, like God, work, family and friends.

3. I will be more serious with my God. I think it is time to get serious with my God after almost 1 year of playing fugitive. Though I have been going to church, but the fact of the matter is, I have not done anything else more that that. So I joined a new cell group this weekend. (but more on that later). Hope I will be able to follow through with this commitment.

In fact, I hope that I can follow through with all the resolutions and commitments that I had made this week. This is not the 1st time I wanted to change myself, but more often than not, I only manage to take 1 tiny step at a time. Hope this time I can stay committed to all the I have said.

-----------------------------------------------------------

On a more upbeat note, I bought my 1st car last Saturday. It is a Silver coloured KIA Cerato. Actually my mother wanted the car more than I do. I can get by happily without a personal vehicle and take the public transport instead. Afterall, buses and mrts are the best place to look at pretty girls from all over the country. Anyway, I guess I'm pretty blessed to get the car, and I want to thank my my parents for it.

On the other hand, I think its a pain to go shopping with parents. Their tastes and sense of beauty is so much diverse from my own, and the way my mother bargained with the car salesman, I really felt sorry for him... Anyway, My mother paid for half of the car so I can't complain... One thing though, I can only get the car at the end of April, which is like a 2 and half months wait.

-----------------------------------------------------------

As I was saying just now, I joined a new cell group this weekend. Actually, this friend of mine, Jiahui, has been asking me to join her cell group but I have been pushing it aside. This week, finally I decided to give it a go. Call it fate (We call it God's will) but I made a point not to look for Jiahui nor the cell but rather I just went ahead for my dinner after service. (Usually in our church, cell groups will meet up for a short time after church service.) Lo and Behold! I met them on the way for my dinner and that's how I ended up joining them.

I had a wonderful time at cell group today. There is only 5 person, including myself, in the cell group. I like cell groups that are small. I dun like cell groups that are big and has many many people. And I like my new cell leader. She's got the elegance of a princess. And I like the way she conduct the cell group, which is well... nice. (Sorry can't find another word for it)

Anyway, took a picture of the cell and here it is!

IMG_0365

6 Comments:

Blogger Maximus said...

dude.. whos the hunk in green on the far left? and that chick on the far right.. you've got to introduce her to me... WHEN?

your car will come perfectly in timing..you can pick me up at the airport... do you know des owns a KIA as well? not sure if its the same one. i;ve only taken his car a couple of times.

Its good to reflect.. thats what i do from time to time...remember.. you're just you.. and you are just nice. you'll go on just fine. I know it.

9:55 am  
Blogger FF said...

No wonder lah you joined, got chio bu!

9:56 am  
Blogger Jayaxe said...

Haha, I second what FF said!

8:04 pm  
Blogger 12mustardseeds said...

Ha. That Princess is my best friend lor...

11:28 pm  
Blogger 12mustardseeds said...

Hey how much did you get that car for? Any idea how much Kia Picanto will cost?

10:29 pm  
Blogger Guojun said...

12MS> Eh... I got mine for 54.4K. I'm not sure how much is the Picanto, I think is about 47K or 45K...

12:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home