Friday, January 14, 2005

Star gazing at LCK.

Finally, back from my 3 days outfield exercise at LCK.
No time to bath and little time to sleep. Ate dust like a fish drink water. Tiring no doubt, but had some fun also. The main one being I was able to see the most number of stars in Singapore in my entire life. Seriously.
I never actually went to count them but I think there is easily a hundred stars out there. Was quite disappointed though, that I cannot get my *IXUS 40 to make digital memories of this rare experience. There was the Orion (which was always visible in a clear night of Singapore), The Taurus (which marks my first encounter with this V-shaped constellation), The Whitest Star (as I was told) and many others which I am not able to name. Was kept awake almost throughout the night so had a good time goggling at the best celestial view (IMHO) found in Singapore.
The other time I encountered such grand vision was I was training in Taiwan (aka ROC) in 1998. I was walking through the mountainous terrain of Taiwan for one whole day until late into the night. Me and my team mates were in this mountain top where there was no living soul within the 5km radius of us. So there was not artificial light from the earth to blind us from viewing the bright celestial beings.
Again, I did not have any tools to help me immortalize this wonderful vision. Indeed, it was the most wonderful vision I have ever seen. The stars were countless.
For the next 15minutes, time stopped forever.
* Which reminds me, I still owe Cindy a birthday/ Christmas/ New Year present

3 Comments:

Blogger Maximus said...

dude.. was it because of the boobs or what?
wheres my birthday/xmas/.new year presents? ahaahah

if i were you .. i wouldnt tkae the ixus 40 out in the field..

10:46 pm  
Blogger Guojun said...

Maxi> Yups. Boobs got a lot to do with it. =P But dun you go and get a pair. Wahaha

Anyway, a camera is a camera. Whats the use of getting a good camera (or anything for that matter) if you will be scared of bringing it around and using it?

10:56 pm  
Blogger Handsel said...

yeah, i'm going mersing to stargaze. i love the stars. will bring my slr n hopefully get some decent shots of the fainter consteallations. Some star trails too!!

As for the present, forget it. I seriously do not need a dildo.

4:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home