Monday, November 29, 2004

The Encounter That Never Was...

This past weekend I was very much in the "Thinking of her" mood. Dunno why.
This morning woke up in that mood also... I miss her very much... When can I see her again?
Worked til pretty late today. Almost to 10pm in fact. And after that went for dinner with my colleagues at Jurong West before heading for home. After dinner, my colleague offered to drop me at Chua Chu Kang (CCK) MRT so that it is faster for me to take the MRT home from there.
As I got off the car and walked towards CCK MRT, I realised something:
Monday night + 11.00pm + Chua Chu Kang MRT = The best timing to meet Her by coincidence!
You see, monday night is the time when she would go for cell group at Bukit Merah, which ends about 10pm in the evening. Then she will take the MRT home from Redhill MRT Station which means that she will arrive at CCK MRT Station at approximately 11.00pm.
That's where I was just now, CCK MRT at 11.00pm
I looked around the MRT Station, no sign of her. Felt a bit disappointed. Well, actually I knew that it was unlikely to meet her. "Guojun," I said to myself, "you are thinking too much..." I kept my eyes closed as I stepped onto the escalator.
I stepped out of the escalator onto the platform at took a look at the TV screen to see when the train was coming.
1 more minute.
The train which I was going to board could be the one she would alight from. My heartbeat began to increase with anticipation.
The train came and a dozen or so people alighted from it.
I looked around.
No sign of Her.
"Guojun," I said to myself again, "you are thinking too much..." and board the train for Bishan MRT.
Was so tired... Kept my eyes closed for a while...
Then my phone beeped.
"Guojun, just now think i saw u but u r going into the mrt. How come u r in cck?"
Yup. It was Her. She was in the Mrt Station. She was in that train. She was alighting when I board the train. She saw me. I did not see Her.
-------------------------------------------------------
It makes the perfect scene for some cheesy Hong Kong movie, doesn't it?
But if anybody really makes a film about my life, we will get a whole new category in movies.
We had Action, Horror, Drama, Tragedy, Romance, Comedy, Romantic Comedy....
Then we will have a new category, which will be called Romantic Tragedy

7 Comments:

Blogger Handsel said...

so sad, its almost like turn right turn left. The world seems so small and then suddenly so big again. Nm, you can work late again next monday, eat dinner at JP, then be at the CCK at 11pm, this time, call me on my hp, I will chat with you till you catch sight of her.

1:06 am  
Blogger FF said...

The things we do for lurve. I've done what you did before, but i never did see him, neither did he see me.

8:52 am  
Blogger Maximus said...

Lef, maybe some things are just not meant to be. We past by many "hers" in life. What you must know is "when to let it go". You believe in God ... and I believe God has everything planned out for you. Let things come naturally and not dwell on it.

11:40 am  
Blogger Maximus said...

I just remembered.. I should be calling you Cpt now instead of Lef

11:43 am  
Blogger FF said...

FUYOHHHHHHHHHH!!! When did you get promoted Lef?! Why never tell me??

Let's go celebrateeeeeeeeeeee!!!

11:54 am  
Blogger Guojun said...

Cindy> Haha, thanks, but I dun think I will do that.

Maxi> I know. I chose to hang on... Anyway, you still can call me Lef. No issues

FF> Actually promoted quite long liao. No big deal really. But am more than happy to give you a treat.

9:51 pm  
Blogger FF said...

I wasn't fishing for a treat babe. Promise. Cross my heart and hope to die.

11:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home