Thursday, January 27, 2005

Good Eye Dear...

Today marks the 6 months anniversary... since my LASIK operation!!

Yes, For 6 months, I have perfect eyesight. And the best part? It's Free!!!! It's paid for by SAF. Heehee, there are good benefits for joining the organisation, you know? Well, the story is this...

About 6 months ago, there is this research department of the SAF which is doing this study- whether there is a difference in the marksmanship ability of a soldier if he is wearing glasses as compared to if he has perfect eyesight. So they got a total of about 200 people from various department of the SAF and got them to help in this study. In a nutshell, what we have to do is this: go for a marksmanship test, go for the LASIK operation, and 6 months later, go for another marksmanship test to see if there is any difference. And because this is a test conducted by the SAF, The LASIK operation is FREE!!!!

I say again... FREE!!!!

I must say that I am very lucky to be able to get into this study and I must thank my Lord Jesus Christ for it. For I am the very last guy to get into this study. If I had called one day later, I would have missed it. And I almost did not meet the requirements to join it. The cut off for the degree of myopia is 500, and mine is slightly above 500. So everyday I thank God for this gift of new eyes...

However, I must say, the 1st few days after the operation was F*CKING PAINFUL for my eyes. But of course, it was all worth it. Now I got perfect eyesight!

BTW, for the marksmanship test, before operation I got 42/44, after operation I got 41/44... So... looks like the theory is wrong... But who cares? I got perfect eyesight!! And its FREE!!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jayaxe said...

When shooting range, sometimes it's due to luck. The blardy 300m's target is so small and blurry (plus the fact I use the super inaccurate carbine to shoot) that I have to use agaration to aim.

4:12 am  
Blogger Cowboy Caleb said...

if have to pay, how much?

10:19 am  
Blogger FF said...

I think you should thank SAF and your doctor instead of Jesus Christ.

1:44 pm  
Blogger FF said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:44 pm  
Blogger Guojun said...

Cowboy> Howdy. I think there is an article on Straits Times a couple of days back on which has the cheapest LASIK operation. Think is Alexander is I dun remember wrong. About 1.3k per eye.

FF> Something which you will never understand. I am even grateful that I am able thank my God for the things He has given me. Of course I do thank SAF and the Docs also.

ningx> I read now you can get it for less than 3000 for 2 eyeballs. Thats a lot less than 2 years back when its really 3k per eye.

7:51 pm  
Blogger Vera said...

wah free lasik! so lucky!
i had lasik too! and i had to pay it with my own money hehe. $2.5K per eye! argh
But isn't it great? no more glasses?
I remembered a few days after the op, i keep wanting to take out my glasses which of course, i wasn't wearing any haha.

9:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home