Thursday, October 21, 2004

Me, myself and I

I am the most self-centered, self serving, selfish person I know. I would like to think that I am a helpful person but I am not. I would like to think that I do things for the good of others but I do not. I would very much like to live my life for other people but I cannot.

Bryam Adams sings "Everything I do, I do it for you".

But everything I do, I do it for myself. There is no doubt about it. If I am honest enough, if I look into myself deep enough, all my behaviour, every one of my action, each of my motivation, everything boils down to me, Me, ME.

ME.

Everytime I set out to do something, I only do it for myself. When I do something to help others, it is also for my self-centered agenda. I help others out of my own convenience, I help others so that next time they will help me back, I help others so that they will like me. I do all the things that I do to gain satisfaction, recognition and reputation. For myself and only myself.

I have not done anything good for anybody. Even if I did, it was a by-product of my self-serving motives. I wish people good day so that they will wish me back. I sms-ed people to ask how they are, so that they can reply and ask me how I am. I call people up so that they will talk to me.

I go all out to help people so that they will buy me lunch... or dinner. (depending on the time of the day.)

To all the people who think that I am a nice guy, I am sorry to say that you are gravely mistaken. I am nothing more than a self-centered bastard, who does things only to please myself.

I live in the pits of my selfish nature, hiding in darkness, shunning from the Light.

God help me. (notice the “me” again)

1 Comments:

Blogger chitter-chatter said...

Another predictable but well written article.

Regardless of how you rate yourself, you are still a nice guy.

How manipulative and selfish can you get if you are willing to part with tens of thousands of dollars, knowing you prob will have a hard time getting it back, to help others? That is a lot of money used to buy friends!

If that is selfish, then I really dont know what unselfish.

Dont be so hard on yourself, friend!

2:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home