Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A Short Tribute

Not sure if anybody noticed... Nowadays, I dun have much time to blog. And if I do, I blog and complain about how I have no time to write my blog. Haha.

Such is the irony of man.... Or maybe it's just myself.

Today marks the death anniversary of Elvis Presely. 29 years ago, today in 1977, Elvis Presely passed away. Some say its due to heart attack; some say its due to drug overdose. There is also a group of people who believed that the aliens took him.

I suppose everybody knows who Elvis is. The 1st time I really listened to his music was in 2002 in Australia. Having to stay in the SWB training area for 2 whole months, the only form of entertainment I had was an old cassette player, and I managed to get hold of one Elvis #1 collection cassette and I had been hooked since.

Who can forget such classics as Love me Tender, Heartbreak Hotel, Blue Suede Shoes and Hound Dog?

Give him a chance, and let him prove to you that he is indeed "The King".

Haha... its starting to sound corny..

I love his music, but I know little about the Man himself. Some say that he is a spiritual man, with renditions as such Amazing Grace, Dixie Land/ Battle Hymn of Republic and Cry in the Chapel; and stories of him praying and going to church and sharing the gospel. But I also heard that he spent his last days in all forms of debaucharies. Only God knows.

Whatever it is, we all remember him for his music more than anything else. Happy deathday, Elvis..

And be reminded, for the rest of us, to finish the race of faith in good grace.

3 Comments:

Blogger veii said...

Wow, you're really old school! Lately, I've taken to 'Burning Love', one of his later hits.

1:01 am  
Blogger chitter-chatter said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i believe it's "presley" and not "presely".

1:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home